Frequently Asked Questions:
(If your questions isn't listed below, send us a message on twitter to "CardBank")
Will the clerk be able to scan the bar code from my iPhone at the point of sale system?
Yes, all bar codes are scannable by all hand scanners, however, some types of hand scanners are harder to use than others. Our development team has done extensive research both in the lab and the field and have posted the results here.
What can I do if I am having trouble getting a card to scan?
First, understand that there is nothing wrong with your phone (well it might be dirty.) Please see our page on Scanning Tips for a better scan. For a better understanding of why you still might be having trouble, please read our Field Test Results.
How can I request a loyalty card that isn't available yet?
The fastest way to get a card added to CardBank is to send us a message on twitter. Our user name is CardBank. We will get back to you during normal business hours and may ask you to take a picture of the front and back of your card and send it to us. The reason updates take a long time is becuase we research every card in our program to identify the symbology (the type of bar code) and the number of characters. Unfortunately, not every store is near us and thus with your help we can continue to expand our list of cards faster and include the ones you want!
What makes CardBank better than other loyalty card iPhone apps?
Five main reasons:
1) CardBank is created and supported by a company that has been working with bar codes for over 30 years. Our experience was used to create a simple, straightforward, and convient app for you.
2) CardBank is the only program that actually knows the symbologies of every card in it. Other apps make a guess at what the bar code should look like. We understand that you don't want to mess around with the symbologies or double check the number of digits you entered. You want to put your number in and go without any hassle.
3) CardBank has a true landscape view of the bar code which actually resizes for better scanning. Other apps just turn the bar code to the side which doesn't improve scanning at all.
4) CardBank holds your privacy in the highest regards. Our app never connects to a server and we do not collect any usage or tracking statistics. For more information on privacy and CardBank click here.
5) CardBank looks better than other apps of its kind. We put the same amount of time into our graphics as we do into background research.